VORRA 2022 Rule Changes & Information
1. Pro Stock UTV: Fuel Cells- if you are running a fuel cell, the cell must not exceed 15% of what the stock tank originally came with. Any larger fuel cell will bump you into the Pro UTV class. Additionally, if you raced in the 2021 Pro Stock class, but your tank exceeds the 15% rule, you may still race in this class in 2022 with a handicap. This handicap will add 30 seconds per each lap a pit stop would have been needed to your overall race times.
2. There is a 1 race throw out in 2022. Meaning, you only need to race 4 of the 5 desert races to qualify for the championship. Additionally, you can race all 5 races and your worst finish will be thrown out.
3. If you plan to race the VORRA 2022 desert season, you will qualify to run the Gold Rush (Virginia City to Tonopah) race under the VORRA entry fees. This means you must run 2 of the 3 races prior to the Gold Rush to qualify for these entries.
4. All UTVs must have at least one side bar on each side of vehicle that will protect occupants from side impact. These side bars must be 1.5”x .120. The side bars must be as close to parallel to the ground as possible, be located to provide maximum protection to the occupants, and be securely welded or hinged to the front and rear hoops.
5. All Classes can choose between white background w/black numbers or black background w/white numbers. There must be a gap of at least 1 1⁄4” between the black line and the numbers. Any number location that is deemed by VORRA to be too hard to read will have to be changed prior to vehicle competing in the event. Please make numbers easy to see. Do not blend numbers into design on vehicle. All vehicles in competition must have identification numbers in the following locations and sizes:
*Minimum 6 inches high with 1-inch-wide stroke on each side of vehicle in line with the occupants.
*Minimum 6 inches high with 1-inch-wide stroke on the rear of vehicle and is plainly visible from the rear.
*Minimum 4 inches high located on the front of vehicle and is plainly visible from the front of the vehicle.
Note: VORRA assumes no responsibility for scoring vehicles with unrecognizable numbers. It is the vehicle driver’s responsibility for keeping numbers recognizable. You will not start the race unless your number plate adheres to these rules.
6. The new Polaris Pro R will race in the Pro Unlimited class.
7. Trophies: All Trophies must be picked up at awards or at tech and contingency at the following race. Trophies and finishing pins will NOT be mailed after the race. Payback’s may be sent at the discretion of the Race Director and CEO.
8. Helmets must meet one of the following: SA2015, SA2020 or FIA Standard 8860- 2015.
9. Entry fee increase. Due to inflation of our costs, we are forced to increase our entry fees. We recognize the need and do our best to keep our series an affordable series to race, however as our expenses go up, we must adapt to keep VORRA afloat. Race payback will continue to be 10% from each entry, and 5% of each entry going to season pay back.
Pro Class ($850.00)
Limited Pro class ($600.00)
Pro UTV (N/A, Turbo) ($600.00)
Sportsman UTV ($450.00)
Pro Stock UTV ($550.00)
Sports. Buggy, Group T ($500.00)